From:
Jason Kryska and Cheryl Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:35:21 -0700
Well lets start this off with the easiest, the question.  Ive noticed
lately that Otto our biggest boy has the occational body spazums.  They
arent hickups, but he twitches.  Has anyone else got a fuzzy baby that
does this?  Or is it something I should have looked into?  Other then
these occational twitches he is a happy guy, who does everything that the
rest of our kids do.

Next the sigh..  I guess this is a little bit of a vent, because I cant
get this one sweet boy off my mind.

I recently heard that the store where our Lizzy was purchased had ferrets
in again.  When we went to visit the vicious (she drew blood and held on
tight!) little albino baby we now call Lizzy, she was scared and alone,
living on cedar chips and in an aquarium in the front of the shop.  She
came home to us that day, when a dear freind bought her and donated her
to us so she would not go somewhere that she was not well cared for.
Needless to say she is a complete love, but just doesnt see so well, so
was on the defensive when new hands kept reaching out to grab her.

Anyway, I went to see how these new ferrets were they had in.  By the
time I got there there was only one boy left.  He was a big beautiful
kid, silver with the most handsome little black nose and lovely white
sockies on his feet.  He was a love!!  The horrible sad part was, that
clearly these people hadnt learned diddly squat since last time I was in.
This kid was in a fish tank no more then twice his length and only half
his width.  He was on shavings again, and hand no food, the final straw
being the poor loving boy had a blasted heat lamp on him!!!

Well needless to say I said can I see him as soon as I got there.  His
nails needed doing, and his ears were a horrible dirty mess, and the man
who owns the shop wouldnt listen to a damned thing I said!  I sooooo
wanted to bring that kid home right then and there!  I told the owner he
didnt need a blasted heat lamp, and to fill the bowl of food.  I asked if
the ferret had much time out to play..  and all I got back was him trying
to take the ferret from my arms and shop owner saying hes very friendly
ferret.

If I had 200 dollars I would have taken him, even though the bills are
piling up.  My husband keeps saying no more, and he's right, but its so
hard to turn away from this kind of situation, where the damned owners of
the store wont even listen.

I know we cant rescue them all, and I know that with our 7 babies we're
pushed to the limit, but one more..  you know the story Im sure.  Its
just so frustrating, I find myself just wanting to cry, and worry about
that beautiful loving boy that sits all alone in the glass tank.  All I
can hope is someone who knows something about ferrets can come and save
him.

So if there is anyone in the Vancouver BC area out there, give Central
City Pets in Surrey Place mall a call, and ask if the ferret is there.
Save the kid my damned bank account wouldnt let me save.

(Ugs, sorry about being so depressing..  but Im sure many of you know how
it gets some times)

Hugs and Dooks to all,

Cheryl
Otto and Max, our big boys adopted through FIRST
Magic our little miracle who started off at 220 grams and now is a big
strong boy
Jack our first with his funny teeth that stick into his upper lip
Bosley the ambush boy.. look out for them teeth!!
Belle, our beauty girl, who's deaf and was covered in poop when we found
       her.
And Crazy Lizzy, was named after Lizzy Borden, though that really doesnt
fit now!