From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 04:04:24 -0700
I want to thank the people that responded to my heartworm question.  I have
them printed out.

Today is our last shelter cleaning day for the WFA.  I am very sad.  I
will dearly miss Liane, Charleen,Linda and the ferts..especially Angus a
gorgeous old guy with cardiomyopathy.  Once a month, Louis the kids and I
would trek on up to the shelter and immerse ourselves into the love and
care..and poop of the ferrets, most of which are probably not adoptable, at
least not in the near future.  I hope that when I move to Kentucky I will
have the same opportunity to do the same.  Well actually I hope there are
no shelters..that would mean there are no unwanted ferts!!  We will be
leaving in about 30 days.  A couple of weeks ago we made a trial drive to
Portland..all 5 ferts 2 cats and 2 children and one testy husband...I swear
to you, we were JUST out of the driveway when my daughter said "I have to
go to the bathroom" that should give you some idea of how the rest of the
trip went.  Actually the ferts were fine, a hit at the rest stops!  The
cats screamed for a bit the gave up.  HMMMMM, let me see, round trip that
was about 300 miles..I wonder how 2,427 miles are going to be?!!

June Louis and the zoo