From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:06:27 -0400
Kat made a beautiful memorial page for my Hershey, who left me in January
after fighting ADV for over 3 years.  On the page are various things
about Hershey, his life, and his struggle with ADV.  It discusses some
of the problems he had, and some of the treatments we tried.  Anyone
interested in learning about what living with ADV can be like may want
to visit the page, and read some of what is there.  The URL is:
http://www.geocities.com/help4adv/mem-Hershey.html

When Hershey passed, tissue samples from him were sent to both Dr.
Williams and to the U of GA.  While the U of GA is still running some
tests on these samples, Dr. Williams reported back to me that Hershey
showed the most damage to his organs from ADV of any of the ferrets he
has examined.  He will likely be using slides he has made from these
samples for talks he gives in the future.  While it was sad to loose
Hershey, I am glad that in his death he can continue to help educate on
the dangers of ADV.

--
Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!