Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:38:16 -0500
I have had ferrets for over ten years now, but for the first time I am
trying to integrate a two year old little girl who has never seen another
ferret, and it isn't going well, my five rough and tumble ferts are well,
kicking tail and taking names.  She (the new one named phoebe) is just
wonderful, a real cuddlier and smart and well behaved, mine on the other
hand , the best you can say about them is that they don't bite me!  Or most
other humans.  They do all understand scruffing and (by each other) and
play time, which between the boys can be rough.  I feel so bad about
bringing sweet Pheobe into this ill mannered bunch!  I really thought they
would be better, they all worked together really well, but of course they
either started young or were pairs and knew about other ferrets.  I did get
some bitter apple today, but any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Pheobe and I are hoping to hear from you soon.

Oh, by the way, when they do come up to her, she ducks her head and cries,
or goes catatonic with shock and or fear, luckily it is shedding season
around here so the most damage the boys have done is get a mouth full of
fur!

Susan and her (ashamed to be named) five in TX