From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:14:20 EST
>When I took him out of his box last night upon arriving home, his upper
>body was very very thin and his abdomen appeared to be full of fluid and
>was swollen many times normal size....

hi,

not to be rude and stuff but obviously (from your letter) the ferret
had something wrong for a while...so why didnt the vet do
tests/ultrasound/surgery?  did you get an autopsy done (i know its called
something else in animals i just cant remember what)...that sounds like
alot of different things...i have a ferret whos spleen is enlarged..i also
had a ferret who had adrenal and was like that...like i said im not trying
to be uncaring and rude...i just dont understand why the vet or you didnt
do more...maybe you did...im just going by the letter...i know that i
definately would have had someone take a look to find out exactaly why my
ferrret died...and im kinda of surprised that the vet would not have
wantyed to know too!