From:
Judy May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 08:00:15 -0500
My two ferrets, Brock and Missy, love homemade toys, especially ones at the
end of a string that I am yanking around for them to chase.  Here is a new
idea we just tried out with SMASHING success...

Thread a large needle with four to six feet of heavy carpet thread or dental
floss.  Tie a large knot in the end.  Pierce a one inch disc of cardboard
with the needle and pull it down to the knot.  Finally, add six large
marshmallows to the thread (this can be a gooey job for your needle).
Remove and clean the needle.  We call it the WhiteSnake.

The object is to tow it in front of your fuzzies' noses just fast enough so
that they never bite it; if they do, they have scored a point against you.
(Sorry, there's no way for you to score in this game -- they always win!
You are just a slave...).  At most, they should only be allowed to obtain
small nips of the WhiteSnake; I don't think large pieces of marshmallow are
good for them, so if they do score a major hit I will take their prize away.
The WhiteSnake should never be left with them unattended, unless you're in
the habit of feeding them marshmallows.

A bit of plastic wrap will keep the toy fresh for a couple weeks.  But
to make it really last that long, you must become pretty proficient at
operating the WhiteSnake!!

            Have fun,

                  Judy May       [log in to unmask]