From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 14:15:31 -0500
I saw The Golden Compass last night, and wanted to share what a
pleasure it was seeing a ferret have so much screen time and be treated
as a regular part of the story--no biting or smell jokes! Although most
of the time Pantalaimon (the ferret) is a CGI creation, the animators
did great work in capturing the movements of a ferret. Two big
non-opposable thumbs up from me!

One caveat, though--there is a scene where something very, very bad
almost happens to Lyra and Pan, and if you are a ferret owner it will
be very hard to watch, especially if you once had a little sable ferret
named Pan who died in your arms :-( I'm getting choked up even typing
about the scene in the movie. But it's part of the story, and without
wanting to give anything away I will say the story does continue, and
it shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of the movie, just give you more
empathy for Lyra and the other children.

Regina

Badriya al-Badi'a, Raqs Sharqi and Gothic Belly Dance

http://users.rcn.com/badriya/

"Beauty will be convulsive, or it will not be at all."  --Andre Breton