From:
Steve Whitcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:46:40 -0500
I was fortunate that my ferrets pretty much knew what a litter box was
for right from the pet shop.  However, when I allow them free roam in my
bedroom they seem to have certain spots that they like better than the
litterbox.

I don't think it's an issue of distance, as they will go right in front
of the closet door, 6 inches from the litter box.  I've tried placing a
towel similar to the one inside their cage to deter them, but recently
they've started pooping on the towel.  I've used natures miracle, doesn't
seem to help.

Other than moving the litter box (which was originally placed in a spot
where they liked to poop) over a foot or so, blocking my closet door, do
you have any other suggestions as to how I can get the ferrets to use the
litterbox when outside of the cage?

(Mind you, they don't always miss, but when they're in that part of the
room, they miss more often than not.)

Steve