From:
furpeopleweyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:11:25 -0700
Hello all.  Im seeking info.  We have about an 8yr old, male who had
major chemical burns when he came to us in 2001.  We recovered from
those.  In the past 6-7 months he has developed a progressive rear leg
weakness.  He was diagnosed with insulinoma late 2001, and has been
taking pred successfully.  In the past month the pred has failed to hold
his blood sugar levels above 50, he has started with very occassional
twitchings, and some other possible neurological problems, loss of
balance, etc.  He was also diagnosed with cardio myopothy last week,
and has developed some fluid around his lungs.  He is now on lasix,
diazoxide, enacard, ammoxi and pred.  Blood results show high protein
levels, slightly elevated kidney levels and white blood cell counts.
We tested for ADV, its neg.  Anyone with similar labs/symptoms, please
contact me.  Any of our vets willing to comment, ask for further info,
or make suggestions, please also contact me.  Thanks.

Brenda        [log in to unmask]