Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:46:01 -0700
Dear Molab,

Most ferrets are not cuddly.  That's because they're healthy.  Be very
glad for that.  When a ferret slows down it usually means something is
not right.  Going through so many ferret health problems at this point
makes me yearn for the day all nine (now eight) would get out of the
cage and go nuts.  To think I took that for granted...

You're really lucky, even if you don't know it.  I don't think you've
chosen the wrong pet.  You aren't going to find any pet with the spirit
and grace of a ferret.  And you have three.  You are so, so lucky.

If it's any consulation... When your guys get older they'll tend to not
mind being held so much.  And there will be times when they're sick and
they could use some caring strokes.  Be patient.  You'll get your chance.
Sometimes we ask for things and get them.  God has a strange sense of
humor.  I've learned not to ask him for anything.  He knows what I need,
anyways.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM