From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:58:18 -0700
I've been thinking about this ferret costume thing, thanks to Sandee's
comments.  I would like to describe the costumes that my ferrets would
wear, based on their personalities, if I could actually keep the costumes
on them. :-)

Since Gizmo and Sandy are at the Bridge, they will have to dress
themselves.  But I'm sure they will do so appropriately.

First, Gizmo would be dressed as a fine gentleman.  Black top hat, black
jacket with tails, black bowtie, black cane with silver handle, and
silver wire-rimmed glasses perched carefully on the tip of his nose.

Sandy would wear a beautiful gown made of sky-blue silk.  Upon her head
would be a tall, pointed headdress with a lace train hanging down her back
and onto the floor.  Her feet would be encased in ballet-type slippers of
the same sky-blue, and around her neck would hang a necklace of diamonds
and sapphires.

Slinky would be dressed as Robin Hood, as seen in the original movie
starring Erol Flynn.  He probably wouldn't like the tights, but oh well.
The pointy-front cap would balance jauntily over his left ear.  His
bow-and-arrow set would consist of some of my ponytail holders and some
bobbypins.

Kyle would be the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (anybody see "Ghostbusters?").
He looks just like him already anyway.  He just needs the little blue and
white sailor's cap stuck between his ears.

Noel would be Rogue, as in the X-Men, but the version from the comics, not
the movie.  Skin-tight green and yellow body suit, long red wig, and sexy
little "knee-high" boots, combined with Noel's amazing ability to leap and
fly from all heights and distances, would make for a perfect likeness.

As for Rootie, the crazy beagle, whose jealousy would force me to dress
him as well, would don the costume of a ...... FERRET!  Since he thinks
he's a ferret anyway.  I could make him little ears and whiskers and
booties with five pawpads and toenails instead of 4.  Hehehehehe.

Here's hoping everyone has an absolutely fabulous and fun Halloween!

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus two Herdlings
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, & Rootie the beagle
Fresh from the pain of losing Sandy. We love you, sweetheart.
Still missing Gizmo. We love you, too, baby.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html