Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 20:38:31 -0700
>    For biting kits, I gently tap their noses, look into their eyes,
>and say "No, don't bite me, I'm not a ferret!".  95% of the time it
                 (snip snip here.....)
>    Especially when they are all piled together sleeping, I sometimes
>wish I was small enough to get in the cage with them, they seem so at
>peace with the world & content.  Now if we only had more of that in
>the world....

i know just what you mean, gary. i've often had to stick my head WAY
into my munchkins' cage to pick up some stray poop, or to arrange a
clean tee shirt just the way i know they love it. and, if i've had a
really lousy day at work, i've thought, "SCOTTY, where are you? can you
BEAM ME DOWN to ferret-size so i can just crawl in here and curl up
with alvin and sally???"

you're no crazier than i am (which really isn't much comfort, by the
way.) don't you just love it when they sleep, and they are upside down,
and their little white fangs are peeking out from their little fuzzy
faces, and they are so curled up together that you can't tell which
tail goes with what legs, and those little round pink ears are sticking
up all over the place? and do you ever look at their little ribcages,
just to make sure they're still breathing?

anyway, when i get my next baby terrorist-in-a-fur-coat, i'm going to
try your method of training not to nip. makes perfect sense to me.

by the way - i think i need to get another baby girl.  but i need some
suggestions for names.....anyone?  anyone?  the two names i'm considering
are "daisy" and "dweezil." (dweezil, as in frank zappa's kid.  lousy name
for a kid, but what a great name for a ferret!  dweezil the weasel!)

anyway, please let me know what you think, gary or anyone!

linda