Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:32:47 -0800
I agree with Ed Lipinsky, those who actually do what they say when it comes
to giving and do not keep hidden agendas, are few and far between and
should definitely be commended!  I have seen many of those on this list
and it is great.  Now, if only some of the organizations and associations
who claim to help others, would actually practice what they preach.
Wouldn't that be nice?  I am not just referring to ferret-specific
associations on this.

As far as $20 for membership in WSFA or whatever they are now calling
themselves, I am also curious what people get for the $20?  Last time I
checked, the membership that people pay does not go towards helping any
shelters or any other organization that needs it.  The only thing that I
have experienced, are get-togethers for members and ferrets.  Perhaps one
of those officers would post it on here?  I have received NOTHING from it
but I have given, in fact I even raised close to $700 this year for this
same association.  Ed is onto something here.  I am looking into another
organization here in Washington that has 200+ members and are more
concerned with helping ferrets through fund-raising efforts, etc...than
being a club or a hobby.  Those organizations out there who make a
difference receive my gratitude.

Enough of my ranting for now.

Ed did a great job on the radio and so did CJ.  The Spokane incident was
really disgusting but we wont name names - Jean Smith - oops, did I say
that?  Anyone who would inject bleach and other household toxins into a
bunch of helpless animals needs to be injected with something also,
something permanent.  This Tyson thing is just going to get brushed under
the rug and another sicko will continue to go on unpunished.

When I posted earlier about Washington State having strict laws on animal
cruelty, I was referring to the local area.  The Spokane incident did not
even come to mind but it is certainly a reflection of poor police work -
justice was not served.

Okay, enough of being serious.  To the person who posted about "soccer
ferrets" I also have one!  Marley likes to take a ping-pong ball across the
carpet and chases it for hours.  He pushes it with his nose or kicks it
with his feet.  We love to watch him do this.  I have even played kick ball
with him on several occasions, where I kick the ping-pong ball against the
wall, he chases it and then kicks (or pushes it) back to me.  Ping-pong
balls are great because they cannot pick them up and hide them - BIG PLUS!

Hope all of you are doing your Christmas shopping early and don't forget
your furkids!