Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:08:25 EDT
I am in the middle of painting another room, and waiting for my back to
get better.  I am terrible at painting on the coats smoothly, and on my
3rd coat of Behr paint.  Little, one of my deaf ferrets, is enjoying
pooping on the freshly painted borders of ultra white, and anticipates
further artistic endeavors in the future..

Next I will move onto the living room to tile.  I am looking at something
interesting I have not seen before.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cordova American Olean Porcelain Tile is a harder than ceramic tile.  It
is built for heavy commercial in terms of abrasion resistance, with a
breaking strength of 325 pounds.  It is about a dollar more a square foot
than ceramic, and seems worth it BECAUSE it is the same color all through
the tile--unlike ceramic.  It will replace the new hot spot for pooping .
This is one of the few carpeted rooms left now, and has recently become a
popular place for Little and Socks to deposit food that has been
swallowed.

This company has manufactured a textured sand colored tile(and other
colors)-non glossy: yet it sparkles in the sunlight.  I am getting an
estimate tomorrow.

Anyone have any pros or cons concerning this Porcelain tile and how it
handles with ferret litter, claws, poop or urine??  Chipping or breakage??

Commercial tile for less fancy areas I just had put down still looks clean
and pleasant: though the bedroom had old cement that was not removed
correctly before the new tile was put down.  I was not home when it was
done, but I can see now that I have moved out all the furniture to paint
that the floor is not even.  I personally stripped down the black thick
uneven adhesive from the other areas that have been tiled.

Apparently It is best to take off of work and be there to prevent this
kind of dishonesty from occurring.  Very disappointing, as the importance
of a smooth level was discussed specifically, and this kind of thing is
very expensive and time consuming.

Lisette