From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:27:05 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

My four year nephew Alexander has been *bad* to his two Guinea Pigs
twice in the space of about two weeks, and his parents are adamant that
there will be no third time. Saturday afternoon he snuck a moment away
from adult eyes and sprayed one with a product called "Carpet Fresh."
I am not terribly impressed with the level of supervision that allowed
these incidents to happen, but apparently last week it was Windex. I
have never been a parent. Perhaps I should cut the adults some
slack...but I'm all for the Pigs moving to a new home.

Is there some deserving child out there who would like a Guinea Pig or
two, complete with cages and accessories? Perhaps an adult whose heart
has room for them? They are an elderly female and a young male. The
female is Tribble and the male Buddah. My brother in law is a Guinea
Pig fancier and has raised them with care and love. We'd prefer to
keep them together, but the over-riding goal is getting them into
safe homes, even if that means separation.

Alexander will be miserable at the loss of his Pigs. Good. He should
be. There will never be another Tribble or Buddah. He was privileged
to share a part of his life with them, but that part is over. That's
what happens when you spray your friends with Carpet Fresh. Best to
learn that lesson early.

We are happy to deliver these Pigs to places in MA, southern
New Hampshire, and Northern CT. Please contact me off-line if
you can help.

Mean, Angry Aunt Alexandra in MA