From:
"Michael Schieman, Mee Maw and ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:34:10 EDT
Hi Folks!

It's us - Tater and the Odemeister.

Well, we be done gone went and took a little trip with Paw Paw and Mee Maw.
We wasn't too sure what was qoin' on when the Old Fert plopped us into the
critter carrier and thowed us (gentle-like) onto the back seat of his new
car thingy.  We rided and rided for a whole long time, but it weren't too
bad on account of because we kept on finding our favorite flavors of Pounce
Treats (Shrimp and Tuna) was bein' tossed into the carrier every hundert
miles or so.

After we had done rided for what seemed like enough time to get to another
planet, we stopped for the night at a nice place somewhere in a place
called Tennessee - wherever the heck that is.  It was a pretty nice place
but Mee Maw commenced to fussin' at Paw Paw about the sign she seen in the
lobby 'bout no pets bein' allowed there.  He hushed her up by allowin' that
it didn't matter none because he had done signed the guest register as
"Mr. & Mrs. Bill Gruber and children from the City University of New York."

She give him one of those looks that usually means that he's in a whole big
heap of trouble, but she kinda sorta giggled all night long and didn't
snore none at all - which she usually does a whole bunch.

Anyways, we fingered that if Paw Paw and Mee Maw wanted to live in this new
house with all them other peoples on top of us and beside us and their cars
parked so close together, we wouldn't mind it none too much neither.  The
only problem was that we couldn't find a corner that suited us just right
so we left our calling cards all over the place.  How was we supposed to
know that we was only going to stay there for one night?

Bye and bye - the next morning - we got plopped back into the back seat and
commenced to ride again.  Mee Maw fussed at the Old Fert for a a few miles
because he didn't clean up all the messes we had done made.  He just
grinned and drooled, in his usual way, and kept on drivin'.  About halfway
through a place called Kentucky, him and her was laughin' their haids off
over what BIG would think when he gotted a bill for cleanin' up some
mystery poop in a motel in Clarksville, Tennessee!  We thunked it was
pretty funny ourowndangselves!

Now we is here in Medford, Wisconsin - a place that you just can't get to
from anywhere - but Paw Paw be done fingered it out somehow.  We is livin'
with our big sister, Lyra, and her youngin's Jessica, Allison, and Allen.
It's a big ol' place and Lyra's husband, Kenny, lives here too sometimes -
he drives a truck and ain't around too much except on the weekends.

We has meeted some brand new friends - Checkers the kitty, her five kitten-
type critters, Pepper the dawg, Shasta and Tuffy - who is horses, and
Lakota - another horse critter what visits sometimes.  All in all, it's
pretty nice up here and we likes it a whole lot.

Paw Paw and Kenny builded us a Country Cabin to live in - and they didn't
even fuss at each other a single time.  We never woulda thunked that would
ever happen!

So, we is Cheesehead Ferts or Snoweasels now.  We is having the time of our
lifes keepin' Lyra and her fambly entertained - and we is eatin' good
stuff.  We does miss our Mee Maw and Paw Paw a whole big bunch, and we
knows that they misses us too.

Thanks to this Internet thingy, we can still feel that we is all together
all the time.  Even if there weren't no Internet, we thinks it would still
be this way - us together with the ones we loves.  Paw Paw follows the ways
of his Cherokee ancestors; we follows the ways of weasels and other
critters.  They is the same as best we can cipher it.

The only problem is that it's COLD up here! Tater don't even want to think
about the prospect of snow - and Lyra's  about to give us a bath!

Well, that's a matter for a whole 'nother letter.  Many much loves to Ferts
and fert folks everywhere.

Go Packers and Joy to the World!

Tater and Odie

[Moderator's note: No problem... I just paid the poop cleaning bill using
Paw Paw's credit card number.  Us computer folk know how to do that kind
of stuff, ya know.  BIG]