From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:24:05 -0400
Hi Danee,
You made a couple of comments in the Sunday FML that I find confusing.
Maybe you can explain.

>Remember - bleach and parvocides are not effective in cleaning
>porous surfaces like carpeting and cloth.  They are only completely
>effective on hard surfaces.

I have never heard that parvocide and bleach are only effective in
cleaning hard, non-pourous surfaces.  Bleach and parvocide are common
protocol for disinfecting everything, including bedding, carpeting,
upholstery, and other pourous objects.  Of course I'm not just talking
about ferrets or ADV.  This is protocol in many health-related areas.
Where did this information come from?

>However, if furniture isn't replaced, she suggested at least having it
>thoroughly steam cleaned once, and maybe even twice.

How can steam cleaning possibly be effective if bleach and parvocides
are not?  Are you then recommending that all pourour surfaces should
be steam-cleaned, rather than using bleach and parvocide?  At what temp
does the steam have to be to "kill" the ADV virus?

Katharine