From:
Shelley Abare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:14:57 -0700
ENOMG!!!  19 hours driving but we made it back.  The ferrets were perfect
angels in the car, slept the entire way.  They even minded thier manners
in the motel this time.  We stopped at about 5 p.m. monday night and got
everyone and thier "stuff" into the bathroom.  Then noticed a problem,
the toilet had no seat cover.  So I decided to let them run in the room
instead.  After a quick check of the room I had to go back to the
bathroom plan because the mini fridge was wide open and lots of nice
chewy electrical cords in the back.  So we took turns checking ever 1/2
hour or so to make sure that no one was swimming in the potty.  (In
retrospect, I should have taken the cage out of the jeep, even though it
would have meant taking the top down and then up again, twice).  Loading
the next morning, my daughter picked up two and put them in the cage,
then came back and got two more.  I thought that she had gotten all
three, so I was finishing putting stuff in the jeep, with the room door
open.

OMG where's KillyfortunatelyFortunatley, he stayed there on the side walk
and waited to be lifted and placed in his cage, just like the little king
that he is.  LOL We finally made it home at about 2 p.m. and everyone
were thrilled to be home in our own cage and litter box.  I'm sure they
will miss having the entire basement to run in, but at least they have
free range of thier own room again.

I'll be sure to write later and tell all about my Mom's first meeting
with five wild ferrets.  (Oh no mom, my ferrets don't bite, really).

Shelley and the ferocious five.