From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 19:52:30 EDT
We was just watchin' a movie on the telebision with Mee Maw & Paw Paw.  It
was kinda really scary.  It was about these religious phonetics who done
decided that this little kid was the son of somebody named the Devil.  We
gotted really scared several times but, since we was sittin' in Paw Paw's
lap, he kept pettin' us and tellin' us that it was only a pretend kinda
thing.  That made it OK.

All of a sudden like, Paw Paw gotted this really serimous look on his face.
He turned to Mee Maw and said, "What are the preachers gonna do when the
Devil is saved?"

Mee Maw looked him straight in the eyes and said, "That's not what worries
me.  What is the Devil going to do when the preachers are saved?"

Now don't go gettin' us wrong about this.  Mee Maw is a church goin', choir
singin', Christian type of Lady.  She did gotted us to thinkin' and to
scratchin' our headbones.  There are lots of good folks out there who do
wrong things for the right reasons.  There are also lots of mean folks who
do good things 'cause they just can't help theirselves.

Maybe we should forget about havin' a human-type Reverend perform our
wedding to Rosie and Maxie?  Perhaps we should have a genuine, holy-type
critter, say the words?  That way us and our fleoncays would know that there
weren't no posterior motives bein' preached at the ceremony.  We are gonna
ask Paw Paw if'n his Spirit Guide - our brother the Otter- would be
interested in pontificatin' at the solemn nuptials.  It sure would be nice.
Of course, the final plans for the weddin' are up to Rosie and Maxie's Ma
and Da.  We'll abide with whatever decision they make, just as long as our
sweethearts and us get to jump over the willow branch together.

Mnay much loves,

Tater and Odie (We's still scratchin' our headbones and tryin' to make sense
out of what Mee Maw and Paw Paw done said.  It makes sense, though.  Guess
it falls under the category of 'Hard Sayins".