From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:47:24 EST
Bob, this post was so wonderful.  I can't begin to tell you how wonderful
I thought it was.  Even though I thought that I already knew the things
you discussed in this post, it is so helpful to review them.  To see
them in black and white, to see them in a tangible way, and to see them
organized like that truly helps.  Those things were on the "tip of my
brain" but I could not verbalize them.  And you did that for me as well
as for others.  Thanks.

I wanted to add that I have a friend, who lost one ferret this year who
was very close to her.  She battles chronic depression as it is.  When
she lost this ferret, of course that triggered a major episode for her,
plus some possible secondary problems.  She was already going to a
therapist, but she never told the therapist what happened or why all
the sudden she was sick again.  I don't know if any of her friends and
family were able to convince her that she really needed to confide to
her therapist about what happened and what she was going through.

And who could blame her for this.  I myself see a therapist... I could
well imagine her reaction if I was to fall to pieces over the loss of a
pet.  Even though she'd be able to hide her feelings and stay objective,
I surely would be able to see right through it.  But you know, ya gotta
try.  Because people and professionals will surprise you very often if
you explain things to them.

It certainly is tough, when you loose an animal that was very close to
you and the world is oblivious to what that loss has done to you.  But ya
gotta try.  Ya gotta reach out to family and friends and express the loss
as best as you can, because believe me for every person that disappoints
you, there will be a person that really shocks you with their compassion.
And to me it's well worth the risk to find those jewels.

Wolfy

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/