From:
Violette Malomay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:11:41 EST
Thank you to everyone who sent e-mails with suggestions.  Chiquito spent
today at the vets.  Had his first set of X-rays early in the morning-in
which the vet discovered his stomach and intestinal track distended and
a small spot that concerned him.  This led to a barium set of X-rays.
After 6 hours the barium finally started moving out of his stomach and
into his intestines, which the vet said indicated a slight blockage of
some kind.  He is scheduled for surgery on Monday - they are going in
to find out what kind of a blockage it is (foreign object or possible
tumor).  After all the tests prior to today's with no luck, we are
finally discovering something.

The vet(s) (he has two who are taking care of him) were really becoming
baffled -- all blood test came back fine -- and I did question him this
morning about his sugar, which is fine also.  It is because of his age
(he is 4 1/2 years old) that they were becoming convince that it may be
cancer.  They are still not going to make my any promises that this may
not be.  The blockage could be some kind of tumor.

I want to say thank you to all who foster and care for sick ferrets.
After 5 weeks of just Chiquito being sick and the round the clock care -
I have a slight understanding of the love and commitment you have for
these little carpet sharks.

Thank you once again and it is nice to know there is a group to turn to
in a time of need.

Prayers and thought to all sick ferrets and their care givers.
Vi, Michael and the brood of 6