From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 06:02:20 -0700
Greetings FML er's:

First of all Happy Momma's Day to all you Fuzzy Mommas. I hope you
have time to look each fert in the eye and see all the love they have
for you!

After reading the sad e-mail about the violence toward the NJ ferret,
I would like to say, PLEASE take your pets with you if you are leaving
due to home unrest. I do understand this is not always possible - and
over the years I have met people who were were barely able to make it
out alive when their moment of violence came. I do get that the options
are not always there.

Typically there are signs that a relationship is going south or that an
individual is an abuser. Abusers display specific traits, personalities
and actions. How many times have we heard on the news, "Oh, he seemed
like such a kind old man" and he was the local child molester. Open
your eyes and ears to those around you - in your own families,
neighborhoods etc.

In this day and age of violence in so many forms of media,
discontentment among families and financial challenges please assume a
pet left behind will be in danger and if at all possibly help get them
to safety as well as yourself. Humans seem to be so much more fragile
these days. I worry for those in such relationships. I understand the
emotion involved in such situations blurs one's vision. I have been
married to a law enforcement officer for shy of three decades. I wish
I could say the stories were all about heroes and happy endings. Just
when you think you have heard the worst -- someone else comes a long.

Please help a friend or family member by taking a pet if you can or
helping them find a safe haven for the animals.

And for those of you who unconditionally love your critters...
God Bless you one and all!

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

LJ