From:
"S.HEWETT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:47:01 +0800
To Dr Williams, Sukie and Troy Lynn.

Thank you for your responses to my post about Herbie-Heartbeat and his
strokes.  He was diagnosed by observations of his movements only.  Your
astute observations spurred his owner to seek more vet advise, and
although the current diagnosis, pending further tests, is neoplasm(s),
this could at least lead to more appropriate care.  Currently, he is
stable after regaining more movement on his affected side.

Dr Williams, there is only on thing in your post that I would querie, and
that is that ferrets have a low cholesterol diet.  I am more of the mind
that ferrets can be harmed by too much unsaturated fat in the diet and I
actually make sure that my lot (currently numbering 21, with 12 of my own,
1 rescue and 8 boarders) have a diet including a fair whack of saturated
fats.  Daily, they have diced raw beef, full-cream lactose free milk with
added cream and egg yolks and high quality biscuits.  Interestingly, none
of my ferrets are overweight, although this may be due to the fact that
they are never confined, but have free run of the house and large back
yard, more than anything they eat.

Love & Dooks
Shirley