From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:04:22 -0400
>Unfortunately, Louie acts like having a syringe near him will kill
>him. He squirms and turns his head away when I get close. I read that
>I could swaddle him, but my attempts have been in vain. Does anyone
>have any other suggestions or proper instructions on how to swaddle?
>I really hate being the mean lady with the syringe, but he's still
>not eating on his own, so I may be in this position for some time.

Hi Jennifer,

Depending on the kid, sometimes I've had to put a little Ferretone or
Ferretvite on the end of the syringe. If that doesn't work, you'll have
to scruff him - when he yawns, start administering the medication. Do
it slowly, though, so he doesn't aspirate the liquid into his lungs!

Hope this helps,
Susann Thiel