From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 01:54:10 -0800
To Sukie and other concerned pet owners:

It might indeed be less than straightforward to find which pet products
are contaminated, but maybe not for the reasons you think.

I was researching the subject last year because my sister's dog had
been poisoned by some contaminated food.

In order to find which products were tainted with melamine, it would do
no good to find which companies bought products from China, because the
melamine-tainted products did not come from China. That is to say: the
melamine did ultimately come from China, but virtually all of it came
THROUGH a small Canadian company, which buys their ingredients from
China and sells to many U.S. pet food manufacturers.

I do not have the name of the company at hand, but perhaps someone
could find it with an internet search.

In any case: for the melamine, you need to look for which pet food
companies bought from that Canadian supplier, not China.

Lonny Eachus