From:
Grin and Ferret!!! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 18:28:17 EST
Hi all, Pepe's mom here, I need some help with some questions.

How much is too much food for a ferret??  I put enough food in his dish to
last him till morning then I fill it back up again.  I don't want to be over
stuffing him and he end up being the biggest ferret to have ever roamed the
earth!!

Shouldn't a bloodtest be done prior to giving a ferret heartworm medicene??
The vet gave me pills to give Pepe' but didn't think he needed a bloodtest
which leaves me a bit uneasy.

How often should I give Pepe' a bath??  It seems the top of his head is the
most stinky part of him.  I don't want to over bath him and rid his skin/fur
of the oils he needs

What should I use for dry skin and what is the best type of flea powder for
a ferret so it won't harm him if he licks it off??

Sandra and Pepe' the ferocious!!!

P.S...Thanks for all the wonderful replies from all of you and Pepe' thanks
you as well!!

P.S...Over the weekend I recieved the magazine Ferret Outfitters and I will
be ordering Pepe' a bomber jacket for the holidays.