Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 23:18:40 -0400
For anyone planning to attend King Noah's Faire on October 15th at
AmVets Post 79 in Natick, MA, the following announcements will help
to make the day enjoyable for you and your ferrets -

1) The event is scheduled to be held entirely outdoors, weather
permitting.  If it is too cool for some, there will be access to the
hall, where you can sit and stay warm.  I would suggest dressing with
several layers to maintain a comfortable body temperature during the
day.  If the weather does not permit holding the event outside,
everything will be set up inside the hall as it has been for previous
events.

2) Since the ferrets will be outside, pre-treating or post-treating
with a veterinarian-approved flea medication is recommended.  Please
do not use any of the over-the-counter flea prevention products.
Check with your vet first for the proper flea medication and use his
recommended dosage.

3) Proof of current rabies vaccination is a MUST.  However, with the
shortage of the preferred canine distemper vaccine, we are allowing an
18-month vaccination period for the ferrets.  You must provide proof of
most recent distemper vaccination.  If you arrive at the event without
proof of current rabies and distemper vaccinations, your ferret(s) will
be held in a quarantine area and will not be allowed in the public area.
There will be an attendant staying with the quarantine ferrets at all
times to make sure they have adequate food and water, as well as to
monitor them for any signs of stress.

4) During the event, all ferrets must have a harness or collar and
leash when they are outside their cage or carrier.

5) The quarantine area coordinator will have a ferret first-aid kit to
handle small emergencies.  However, if your ferret needs professional
medical attention, there will be information available for a local
ferret-friendly 24/7 veterinary clinic.

6) Directions to AmVets Post 79, Natick, MA can be found on our website
(www.maferrets.org) or you can get directions from MapQuest or your
trusted source for online directions.

We are very excited about this event and look forward to seeing you
there.  The committee members have been working very hard preparing for
this gala and we want everyone (ferrets included) to have a wonderful
time celebrating King Noah's big day.

Phyllis Spy
President, MaFF