From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 00:18:12 EST
And it came to pass, so long ago, that He Who Sees All.  Knows All and Loves
All - the One Who made the Rainbow Bridge and lovingly looks after all who
enter there, looked upon the earth with a saddened heart.

"I'm sad," He said.  "It's just not working out the way that I thought it
should.  Perhaps I was wrong in creating this mess.  Maybe I could do better
next time."

He brooded and fretted for an everlong time; sent plagues and deprivations
in an attempt to convince Himself to change His mind, and to try to feel
better about the Creation He had Created.

"I really hate being this way," He often said.  "But I'll be hanged if these
two-legged creatures will ever claim to be a part of Me.  They're much too
filled with their evil ways and pious conceit to fit into My plans.  Yet,
try as I might, I can't wipe them out.  Guess I'm just not cut out to be a
bad guy - no matter how hard I try."

Lucky for us, a ferret chose that moment to crawl up God's robes and to lick
Him on the nose.

God snuffled and sneezed for a moment or two - almost got madder than He
already was.  The ferret licked God's face and gave Him a loving kiss that
only a ferret could give.

"Hang on a moment, little feller," God said as He regained His composure.
"Why are you so happy when I'm so sad?  I'm just before blasting all of
creation to hell and gone and, here you are, tickling My whiskers - trying
to cheer Me up."

The ferret was much too busy to hear the reproach in his Maker's voice.  He
climbed up God's long and flowing white beard until his mouth was next to
God's left ear.

The ferret dooked, took a deep breath, and whispered a single word.

"Christmas," the ferret said.

to be continued....

Joy to the World!