Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:51:39 -0400
Shirley, I wasn`t "telling you to 'refrain' " from stating your opinion
on the ole "diet debate". Kris felt my post told you that. I don`t
think too many responsible people here on the fml have forgotten how
"out of hand" the afformentioned 'debate' got! Debbie posted a
question, she received many "opinions" on & off the list, and emailed
me back thanking me for more info on the choices of diets for the
ferts. I don`t think I "intimidated" you into "silence", as you put it.
Now IF people are afraid to post here, you are showing 'possibly' one
of the reasons why!...The posts 'have' & 'will' "degenerate" into
personal attacks on this topic, ..they will not stay "polite", as you
stated you wish that they would! I told debbie to read & absorb ALL of
the information she receives on & off the fml, then make your own
decision.....which I think you & kris would agree with!

I personally believe that the topic was "overly" discussed before,
which led to the lack of "politeness", and the start of the "personal
attacks".....The problem with email, is that 'typing' your own feelings
instead of a "vocal" conversation,(phone, face to face over coffee,
etc.), doesn`t allow for all the little things that can be said while
discussing a topic!..I "only" directed my post to you, to ask "NOT" for
another 'rude', 'impolite' "who`s correct" debate, because you were the
first to kindly reply to debbie! If it seemed aimed AT you, I am sorry.
Others, such as Kris, are too quick on the trigger! I think we have all
heard the pros & cons of what to feed, enough times here, on the fml,
that private 'opinion' emails to the person asking, is the way to go.
If this had happened, all this typing would not have been necessary!

Oh, & BTW, since you & Kris both sent a cc to me, of your fml post, I
did same. Now let`s see how "polite" & to the point "other" people`s
upcoming posts will be, and if they will remain that way!,...Polite.

There`s my reply on the subject,...only one,...as long as it stays
"Polite".

Dooks..John Rich & the 'polite' n.j. gang, USA!

 ..."the average ferret is nicer than the average human!..." jdr.
john rich <[log in to unmask]>

[Moderator's note: John does correctly remember this topic got out of
hand fairly recently, so I can understand his hesitancy to see that
repeated.  On the other hand, as long as there are new points of view
and people remain polite and to the point, I have no problem letting
the discussion run its course again.  We can always learn more, and it
is a very interesting and generally well-received topic.  If the debate
starts degrading though, I probably will cut it off a little more
quickly than last time since we've been through it so recently.  BIG]