From:
Sarah Anne Schreuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 12:17:42 -0600
Hello everyone.
This is my first posting to the Ferret Mailing list.  My name is Sarah and I
own a five year old Black Sable Ferret named Stagediver.  When she was a kit
she really lived up to the name, though she has mellowed slightly in the
years.  Her favorite games are Take the soda can, dump the glass, steal the
peppermint, Thats not YOUR stuffed animal, and Lets hide mommy's bras.  She
hates the kitten, and doesn't really seem to like other ferrets overly much.
She has always been rather timid, but likes to explore by herself.  She gets
along with one other ferret that i know of, and the is my friend Beth's
male, Dopey.  I know that all ferrets are not the same in personality, but
even Grumpy will play with other animals, but Stage just seems to prefer to
be by herself.  She is rather calm and sleeps alot, but maybe it is because
of her age.  If anyone has any imput let me know.

The main thing I would like to receive a response from is if anyone know
anything about ferrets and fat tumors.  Stage has had one near her stomach
for about a year.  When i first noticed it I took her to the vet since i
have heard so much about ferrets and tumors.  It nearly scared me to death.
The vet told me that fat tumors were nothing to worry about and to change
her diet and see if having her loose weight(my dad tended to over feed her
when i was at school) would help.  We changed from Iams Kitten chow, to Iams
low activity cat chow, which she will only eat with ferretone(not alot) on
it.  She has lost some weight, but the tumor seems to have grown, and there
are some smaller ones under her arms.  I would like to know if anyone has
had experience with them, or if anyone has heard about removing tumors and
the process that goes along with it.  I think that if they were gone, Stage
would be alittle more active, and happy.

Thankz.

Sarah (worried about her furbee)
Stagediver( Awe, mom, let go of the can..I want it.)