From:
Ray Hestie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 21:53:38 -0400
Hello, I am new to the FML.  I have two wonderful babies: a 12 month sable
named Kodo and a 9 month old sable named Podo.  They are my life.  And I
wanted to write about the person who disagreed with ferrets in cages.  Kodo
and Podo live in a very nice three-story ferret condo, its the one with two
ramps and two stairs.  The babies spend a good deal of time in their cage...
they get outside of it around three to four times a day for an hour each...
They have tunnels and tshirts and toys to play with.  When they are out and
have free run of the aaprtment they know taht they can go back into their
cage to use the litter box or to get some ferret kibble or anything that is
there for them.  They very rarely ever make a corner messy.

It might be hard for ferrets that are caged all day without any humna
contact but when they do get contact, a cage can be a good thing.  Kodo and
Podo know taht the cage is theirs, they may arrange it as they see fit, and
they do.  We keep it in our bedroom, where it is nice and cool... which is a
good thing for ferrets in Florida.

        Well tahts what I wanted to say.  Good night
                     Margaret, Kodo & Podo Hastie