From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:14:29 -0500
Just a quick note to remind you I will be leaving next week to visit
Washington DC, Florida, and Knoxville Tenn.  It will be a fast and nasty
trip, mostly because I have to get it done before returning to the west
coast in mid August, but also because I am still sore and tired after my
recent vacation.

I was planing on leaving Monday, Aug.  3, but a recent disaster between by
laptop and Tui might delay it a day.  Tui is a great bulldozer, and pushed
the laptop off the futon where it landed on the male end of the powercord,
pushing the power plug off the logic board.  The 'pooter works just fine,
but I can no longer run it off the ac adapter, which means I can no longer
recharge the batteries while in use.  Screaming mental obcentities at stupid
computer designers who can't seem to figure out people might get a little
pissed when they have to replace an entire logic board in order to fix a
$5 power plug, I am attempting to get a new board in by Monday morning.  I
think Steve Jobs and I might have a little talk on this one.  Apparently the
problem is common in laptops, which means computer engineers either like the
idea that a power plug sets you back a few hundred bucks, or not a blessed
one of them is smart enough to drool in their sleep.  Hey you idiots!
Either screw the plug to the case like the ones in walkmans or give it it's
own little tiny board which can be replaced without wasting the entire logic
board!  Like the solution is hard or something.  Don't even have to invent
new technology.

Of course, it couldn't be my lovely Tui's fault.  Nor mine.  Never.  Tui is
such a good boy, but before long, he will be a $1000 ferret.  Worth his
weight in gold.

Back to the trip (and the reason for this post), if anyone wants me to
stop, I am more than happy to when possible; just send me email, basic
location/directions, and a contact number this weekend.  If I don't get
it before I go, it will be too late because I probably will not have many
opportunities to check the email on the road.

Bob C and 19 Ferts of Frolic