From:
JANNA REINARZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:06:47 -0600
In the Anne McCaffrey / (Elizabeth Moon and/or Jodi Lynn Nye, I can't
remember) series "The Planet Pirates", some friendly local wildlife called
"kittisnakes", are described as silky, furry, legless creatures with cute
round heads and needle-sharp teeth, who like to coil around humans arms and
be adored.

I was delighted when later in the book, someone discussing defending the
planet from invaders by inventing dangerous wildlife (who happened to havea
kittisnake curled in her lap), said : "What are we going to tell them we
have, attack ferrets?"

This is the second ferret reference I've seen from these collaborating
authors.  I wonder if any of them are ferret owners?

Janna and Aron
Einstein, Daisy, & Bandit