From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 21:12:42 -0400
To:    Urban Fredriksson <>

Personally, I don't recommend the hormone shots for jills in heat here either.
I prefer to use a vasectomized hob who is very happy to act the dud stud.

The hormone shots don't always work.  Ferrets respond better to penitration
than simulation for ending the heat cycle.

For those people reading who have unaltered jills - get them spayed.
Breeding ferrets is very complicated and spaying will make their life easier
and happier.

Pam and her Pet Pals