From:
Melony Karlik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 09:29:15 EST
hello I am new to the list and waiting to be owned by one of these
furbies, I dont know how to sotp the pooping but in my quest to ferret
proof the house I have thought about alot of unique things that may be
used I do not know if this will owrk but it seems that you need
somethingon the back of the door so that they cant get into the area that
the door sweeps open I was thinking that it may be possible to do this
cheaply by buying one of those childs plastic sleds ( around $2.50 ) at
wallmart in our area they are about 36" long and 20 inches wide just
smooth heavy plastc but sturdy enough to hold its shape and not easly be
bent down now what I ws thinking is that you could cut off the handle end
and staple or screw this to the back of your door ( attaching both ends
toeach side of the back of the door, or maybe to the door and the wall)
making a kind of half circle the door would open still easy and the area
that the door sweeps the ferrets wouldnt be abel to poop in thus not stuck
to the botom of the door the only thing that I can think of as a drawback
is if they ate it hope this can ofer some help or maybe spark and idea of
your own

Mel