From:
Matthew Ardill & Siani Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:26:09 -0400
My ferrets were obsessed with trying to get these when i had my 3 rats.
one day Fizgig ate an entire stash of them that i had been unable to find.
it was awful.  he went like a firehose from both ends for hours.  but after
he got done with that he went and ate some ferret food and had a nap and
was right as rain again.  so, yes, they are bad for ferret digestion, but
they fall apart as soon as they get wet, so they won't cause blockage or
anything, just a very sad ferret and a lot of mess.  BTW, if i had not
caught Fizgig eating the rat food, and already known that they fall apart
when wet, yes, of course i would have rushed him to the vet when he got
sick.

re: farty noises when pooping
my guys used to do farty sounding poops more when they had a lower grade
food, but they still do them occasionally.  i've seen Hoggle fart from
eating too many treats once and that was *funny*.  he farted and then he
turned around and looked at his rear end with great surprise and
consternation. :)

re: poop obsession
i think it's because of the sheer quantities involved.  i swear, each
3 lb ferret produces more poop than my 20 lb cat!  or else maybe it's
peer pressure.  "everyone else is talking about ferret poop!"

siani