From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:34:52 -0400
I have an outside enclosure the ferrets have 24 hour access to. I have
cages out there with hammocks for lounging on comfy days. But the
hammocks keep getting torn from the weight of the ferrets and weather.
The ferrets don't spend much time out there sleeping in the winter
because it is too cold, but they do spend a lot of time in the outside
enclosure in the spring/summer/fall months. The enclosure has screen
over sides and the top but no solid roof so wind/rain/snow gets in and
soaks the hammocks, then with the weight of the ferrets, they rip and
the hooks break. I've frequently seen 4-5 big ferrets in one hammock.
The hammocks don't last very long, nor are they big enough for so many
at one time.

I don't sew, don't own a sewing machine.

I'm looking for hammocks that are all-weather sturdy, maybe in a heavy
denim. Sizes would be larger because several pile into the hammocks at
one time and hooks would need to be secure.

If anyone is able to make these types of hammocks please email me at
[log in to unmask] with sizes and prices.

Thanks! tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org