From:
Thomas Sobieski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:07:05 -0800
>Somewhere in a ferret book it mentions that it was fashonable for the women
>of German royalty to keep ferrets a while back.  I am seeking references to
>this so if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

Since I'm sort of descended from middle age nobility I've become a little
knowledgeable about the history.  In 17th century Poland the king was
elected from the nobility.  The last and greatest king in Poland's history
in Jan III Sobieski.  They kept ferrets as pets used them for hunting etc.
Look my last name up in your CD rom Encarta.  You might be surprised.

tom