Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 18:35:52 -0400
Has anyone read this?  I got it with my recent order from Ferretware, the
day my ferrets, Massey and Eris arrived, and I'm very much enjoying it
between playing with our two girls.

For those who don't know it, it is a self published book consisting of 14
chapters covering everything from domestication to play to locomotion to old
age - and lots more!

I'm not sure how accurate it all is, the Author seems to relate a lot of
stuff on an anecdotal basis, and also quotes from a lot of independant
research.  She also mentions throughout the book other animals and their
behavior, cats, dogs and horses - often her own. Apparently she ran a
shelter in Colo back before 1992 - the date the book was published.

The book was published by FURO - The Ferret Unity and Registration Org.
What happened to them?

Also, are there any other books in the same vein around?

Ann

*Massey* &  "I have Hard Candy BLUE toenails so you can tell me from HER"
*Eris*  "I just bite more and go through tubes better so you can tell me
         from HER" (The Cinnimon Girls)
*Bitte* (the dog) "Whatever these things are, thats ok cause they want
        to PLAY and PLAY and PLAY"
Phoot (the 11 year old cat)  "Anyone who throws perfectly good kitten
      food on the floor is fine by me"
Murray (The Cat From Space)  "I'm going to sit verrry high on this shelf
     and just watch them, then slip out quietly in and give myself a long
     soothing bath"
Grommet (the Snooty Manx Girl) "There are no ferrets in this room,
     matter of fact - this room does not exist AT ALL any more and you humans
     go in a black hole every time you go behind that door!"
US - "Why weren't we ferret owners SOONER??   DUH!!"