From:
Dan Herold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 12:50:41 -0400
Hi All,

The other day, my best buddy, Gypsy, a male chocolate sable, somehow
managed to cut himself on his right hind leg.  Looking more closely, it
appears as though the cut is in between one of his toes.  I noticed this
after he began tracking blood across the hardwood floor.

I rinsed his foot with warm water and cleaned out most of the blood with a
cloth.  The bleeding seemed to stop minutes later.  However, this morning,
he managed to re-open the wound once again.

What is the best way to treat these kind of cuts?  Should I use an alcohol
solution on them?  Should I wrap up his foot?  Or should I leave it be and
let it heal itself?

Any advice would be most helpful ... and appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dan Herold (and Gypsy)
Toronto, Canada