From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:42:40 EDT
>I called the number printed on my 15 lb bag for Performance Foods.  They
>have the wrong number printed on that bag--I got a private phone, and
>talked to a man who seemed seriously pissed!  I'll bet that he had been
>getting several ear fulls about the bad food.  I then called directory
>assistance, and they had no listing for Performance Foods in Lisbon, Ohio
>(the address printed on the bag).  Hey, if you are going to use preprinted
>bags with an old address on them, cover that old address with a sticker
>giving the new address and phone number.  The way I see it, they owe that
>guy an apology.

Okay, now you've vented and blown off some steam.  The only thing is that
you've blown off steam about the wrong problem.  You didn't get a bad batch
of TF because of a problem originating with Performance Foods - you got a
very old bag of TF from your supplier.  You had a bag that was at least
two years old and shouldn't have been sold to you in the first place.
Performance Foods moved their operations from Ohio to Colorado a little
over two years ago and the information on their bags reflects that change
of operations location.

Your ferret wasn't made ill because of anything that Performance Foods
did or did not do - she was sickened because a retailer didn't rotate a
perishable food item and sold you out of date food.  Your anger should
have been directed towards the retailer and not Performance Foods.  The
way I see it, you owe an apology to Performance Foods.

FSG