From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 07:55:46 -0500
Please note: I am not yet taking votes for the 1999 FML Ferret Hero.  After
nominations are complete, I will post an email address to send your votes
to.  Votes will not be counted until the polls close on Jan 1, 2000.

If you want to nominate someone, please send a post to the FML, explaining
why you think that person deserves the award.  Please do not nominate more
than one person.  If there are at least 3 serious nominations, I will add
that person to the ballot.  Nominations will be accepted through Nov 30.

I've been thinking a little about simplifying counting votes, and if we
have consistency in subject fields, I can easily sort by subject, drag to
separate folders and get a message count per folder.  The whole process
will only take 3 minutes IF AND ONLY IF the subject lines are consistent!

(I have received some other suggestions for how to conduct the voting, such
as web based, etc.  Excellent ideas, but take too much effort to implement
on short notice.  I will be saving these ideas for the 2000 Ferret Hero
Awards!!)

Thank you's to everyone adding their thoughts and recommendations!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH