From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:31:14 -0700
Ooh, someone asked today about a ferret quilt block pattern...

This is an idea my mother put forth on her Scottie dog message board, and
something wonderful came of it.

I know there are so many crafty and quilty people on this list that many
of you must know of the "block a month" clubs at many of the fabric
stores.  The idea is you go in once a month and show them you finished
the block from last month and they give you a pattern and materials for
a new block, until TADA the quilt is finished.  This is something of a
play on that.

Someone posted on her scottie board wondering if anyone had a pattern for
a scottie quilt block.  Well, here is what they did...

Everyone who wanted to designed a block, and made a paper pattern.  Then
one person was chosen, and all the blocks and patterns were sent to that
person, the blocks were sewn together, and everyone who sent a block got
copies of all the patterns.  The finished quilt was donated to a scottie
rescue for fund raising opportunities, and from what I recall, made quite
a pretty penny.

What do you guys think?  We could donate the finished quilt/s (depending
on how many blocks we get) to S.O.S.  to raffle or auction off!  And we
ALL could stand to end up with so MANY neat ferret quilt block patterns!

Melissa Kuzara
Mira, Robin, Samurai, Nietzsche and O'Dell
Missing Cael, Booboo and Tasha always