From:
Kylie Preisig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 02:44:55 -0700
One of our hobs had a problem with hair loss on his tail a few years ago.
I can't remember what the cause was, but the vet gave us a bottle if
Hibitane (which I believe is a general antiseptic solution used by vets a
lot) and we dipped his tail in once a day.

The hair grew back, and we didn't have any further problems.  But our
ferret was not impressed by being grabbed once a day and being held up
while his tail was dipped in a bottle of the solution and sloshed around
in it!

Also regarding the forwarded post a few days ago from the lady who was
trying to find homes for her ferrets and was upset because her jill was in
heat and she couldnt afford to get it spayed - people in this situation
should be aware there are other options.  A hormone shot from a vet will
cause a phantom pregnancy and give you time to save up for a spay
operation.

Kylie Preisig
Ferretless in Queensland