From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:27:50 EDT
Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis;
Judith White summed this up very well.  I also disagree with the treatment
listed in the posted reference book and also the statement of it's rarity
in ferrets.  It definitely appears to be more common now then it was nearly
two years ago when Mr. Grinch was diagnosed.  The exact cause is unknown,
as Judith stated, but it's believed to be either autoimmune or allergic.

Dogs and ferrets;
I posted quite some time ago, asking for everyone's experience with
different dog breeds and their ferrets.  I received 60+ replies.

I offered to compile the info and give it to anyone who might be interested
in putting it on their ferret website.  This offer still stands, but I'm
not sure what use it would be.  What I found from my "research" is that no
single breed of dog is a perfect match for ferrets.  The only thing I found
to be common in most, but not all, of the replies was socialization for the
dog at an early age and constant supervision.

Sukie Crandall;
I don't think I've ever thanked you enough for all the help and support
you've given me in the past.  Not all ferret related, as you know.

I'm sure everyone here knows how helpful, knowledgeable, and dedicated you
are.  In my opinion (for what it's worth), you're one of the best assets
the ferret community could have.  The qualities I admire most about you are
your patience, understanding, and diplomacy.  I want to be just like you
when (if) I grow up.

If I haven't already embarrassed you enough, let me try again; I'm naming
my puppy after you.  She's a Shiba Inu, which is known for it's alertness,
intelligence, and loyalty.  She is now; SukieC.

SP