From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:47:09 -0700
I have just returned from a delightful 2nd honeymoon and camping trip to
Great Basin National Park in Baker, Nevada.  We have been here many times
in the past, before when it was Lehman Caves National Monument and since as
Great Basin National Park.

Anywho, one of the native animals there is the skunk.  And believe me, they
are quite tame.  As with the deer and the chipmonks/ground squirrels, they
come begging.  Needless to say, most campers head for the hills when the
black and white 'polecat' appears.

Knowing that the skunk is related to our dear sweet fuzzies, I really tried
to observe the critters as they put in their daily/nightly visits.  Yes, I
saw numerous resemblences, but, the one that really had me in stitches
happened when one skunk, found where we had been been brushing our teeth,
washing hands etc.  He (or she???) started to root around the damp ground
and then suddenly went into a weasel war dance!  Jumping about, slamming
into the trees and eventually careened off of my leg...all the time
chuckling, barking, hissing and generally carrying on the exact same way
my three ferts do, obviously in skunk heaven!

Made my week.  I loved it.  Now to catch up with all my unread mail.  Over
400 messages, more than half spam.  GRRRRRRRRR.

For our ferrets.

MC
(And 3 very happy little people to be home!)