From:
Ian Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 09:45:05 CST
Written by Ian as dictated to me by Rat-----

I now know have no fear of hell for I have visited the most dreaded
place on earth for the second time..THE VET!!!!

First, the guy has the nerve to come in and play with me while I'm
busy snooping around.  Then he toys with me by opening a fridge just
long enough to get a couple of little vials out, and closing it before I have
time to investigate what else is in the thing.  My question at this point
is why is he hiding them in his pocket, I don't trust him. Next he puts
me up on this shiny table, which is cool, a new place to roam.  I put
up with him listing to my heart and feeling around for bumps.  Then I loose
faith, he dare take a swab and clean my ears, personally I'd rather not
know if I have mites, I don't.  As if this hell wasn't bad, and it was,
my owner has the flesh wounds to prove it. I see this vet guy pulling this huge
 pointy thingout of his pocket and filing it with the vials, WAIT A MINUTE.
He wouldn't, he couldn't, NO let me go, oh god help me, hey wait, that wasn't
that bad.  Come on Ian lets go show off to the receptionists, I'm a manly
ferret now.    The end.

Actually we made the follow-up booster last week, and the vet did do an
ear cleaning, and Rat put out the most horrible cry.  I don't think the vet
went too deep, heck I could see the whole swab the whole time.  Then the shot,
quite a day for the little guy.  He has kicked his eatting back into high
gear after the little raisin incident a week or so ago, and seems to be putting
on some weight. Thanks to all that responded to my post.

Ithink that some people were talking about this a while back, but Rat will
actually "bark" when he is playing with the dogs.  It's kinda like a Pom
or something, real high pitched, but it is definitely him.  Kinda ammusing.

Sympathy to all the sad parents out there, Rat and I are feeling for each of
you.

Ian