From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:27:36 EDT
If you are in NJ/PA/NY and are looking to adopt a ferret, the Fuzztek
Shelter is still overloaded with them.  We have around 100 available for
adoption, and still more looking for foster homes.  They range in age from
6 months to 8 years.  We do not breed, the younger ferrets have been turned
into us by people who made a mistake in buying them from petstores to begin
with.  We are a no kill shelter, and have had to stop taking in ferrets
twice already this year due to overcrowding.  Please help us to not have to
continue this practice in the future.

Some of the ferrets we have needing homes:

A pair of 6 month olds who should be available in two weeks.

A pair of 3 year olds, sweet natured, chocolates, both female.  One had an
adrenalectomy almost a year ago and has recovered completely.  Both are
gentle and would be OK for a family with kids.  **These two have been in
the shelter for over a year now, and really need to go to their new family
as soon as possible**

A very rambunctious 1 year old female, sable, gets along well with other
ferrets and loves to play.

A pair of 10-11 month old females, chocolates, very sweet, love to play,
get along great with other ferrets.

Many more available!!!
Remember- before you buy that cute ferret at the pet store, check with your
local shelter- we DO quite often have younger ferrets!!

If you are interested in adopting, e-mail me.

-Anne