From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:16:14 EST
Hello to all, I just wanted to post a quick update on the shelter
happenings.  Right now I'm working like a dog, or ferret if you wish.
Ferrets are comming in out of the woodwork.  We got in 6 in the last 2
days.  44 total for the year.

Adoptions are going pretty well, but more in than out.

a little guy, 4 months old came in from the Bakersfield Cal, SPCA.  The
ferret was found roaming the streets, he had open wounds on his underside
and paws.  The owner tried to reclaim him but got a fine instead.  A
wonderful SPCA worker drove him out to me yesterday.  The wounds on this
sweet little guy are burns.  The owner called me and told me she put her
dishwasher on and he was in it.  He went through the whole cycle.  They
had him treated for his burns from the heating elements.  when he arrived
at the SPCA 2 weeks ago he was still recovering, they did a great job of
healing him up.  He only has one scab on his belly, but you can still see
burn marks there.  I named the new baby Maytag, Tag for short.

All the newbies go to the vet on Monday for check ups.  I'm still
searching for a new place to live, I get letters from the management
company about silly stuff, like debris in the yard.  Its been windy here
and trash blows in the yard constantly, I pick it up, but they are just
nit picking.  I was with out heat a while ago, it took the owners that
long to figure out what they wanted to do, so they did a quick fix to get
it going again.

The shelter is having a yard sale Sat, my day off, to get rid of stuff,
downsizing in case I get an evict notice. We have many cages and cariers,
lots of other great stuff.

The coatis are still needing a home, I've had offers but no one can come
get them and I can't deliver them with my work schedule the way it is.

I also will be finding homes for 2 of my rescue dogs and some of the cats.
I may have to do an apartment for a while.  Found one that acepts pets but
I can't bring them all.  hopefully i'll find a house very soon.

I will try to keep the shelter open through all of this but again, I may
have to try to slow down.  I tried this before but there is no where else
for the ferrets to go.

If anyone is interested in adopting or fostering, please contact me.

Thanks for listening,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Las Vegas, Nv.