From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:45:50 -0500
I want to encourage each of you not to forget the extreme expense faced by
Bob J. in his efforts to save Kodo's life.  It is clear he is facing the
merciless might of the state, with their unlimited resources.  We must not
forget that this fight could set precident which could be used by all of us
should the need arise.  This is truely all of our fight, and fight we must
in this case.

This isn't a situation where a lost, unvaccinated ferret attacked a person,
but where a vacinated and controlled ferret might have accidentally caused
an injury.  If the state is allowed to come into your home and distroy your
property for any reason, we all lose.  This must be fought to the highest
courts, we must not flinch in our resolve to prevent this mindless and
unintelligent attack on our personal liberties.

Dig out your pocketbooks and send spare change if that is all you have.
Leave that new romance novel at the book store, forget the new computer
game, put off cutting your hair for a month; whatever it takes to send in a
few bucks to help fund this fight.  Don't forget Bob J.  has lost his job
and home over this; what is a movie and dinner out to us if we can help him
win?  Slash your budgets and send in the cash, because now the fight is
where it needs to be; at the Michigan State Supreme Court.

If you haven't given before, give now. If you gave before, give again.
Send something, and do it now!

Also, don't forget to fax, write, call and generally pester everyone
involved in this case (Exception being the State Supreme Court, which we've
been asked to spare at last report) Send a fax to every state
representative, congressional representitive, and demand the firing of the
public health officals who caused this (The governor says he can't save
Kodo, but he sure as hell can be instumental in firing the jerks
responsible!) Refuse to buy Michigan products, vacation in Michigan, or even
visit the state.  Fax the same letters to the business organizations,
tourist industry, even the car dealerships.  Fax all news agencies.  Collect
signatures from your co-workers in the form of a petition, and fax that.
NOW IS THE TIME!!!

If you don't, and Bob J. loses, then a precident will be set that all future
anti-ferret public officals can use to justify cutting off YOUR ferret's
head.  This is important folks.  Bluntly, the life of Kodo is insignificant
to the setting of legal precident.  This must be an all-out war in order to
prevent future confiscation and decapitations.  Spend a couple of hours
getting the letters out; hell, mass mail them to everyone in the state if
need be, BUT DO SOMETHING!!  Maybe your work will save Kodo's life.  Maybe
Kodo will die, but your efforts will change law, saving the next ferret.
Maybe it will do nothing.  But doing nothing accomplishes nothing, and we
have already lost.

You haven't lost your home or job over this; help Bob J. out!!

Send money. Send messages.

Bob C. and 17 MO Mad As Hell Ferrets